It’s been super hot recently, and there’s even more hot weather on the way! This means it can be very hard to sleep at night, and Dizzy is one grumpy donkey when she does not get her sleep! So we’ve been on the search for ways of helping with this. 🙂
- Wear thin clothes and sleep with a little sheet (preferably cotton) – Wearing thin clothes will help your skin to keep cool.
2. Use a hot water bottle – Pop one in the freezer to create your own little bedtime ice pack. 🙂
3. Pop sheets in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes before bed – This will cool them down, and although won’t last all night, will help to get you off to sleep. 🙂 If you only have a little fridge you can do this with your pyjamas and pillow cases instead. 🙂
The donkeys popped themselves in the freezer… 🙂
4. Put ice packs on cooling points (ankles, wrists, neck) to help cool down quickly – You can do this just before going to bed to help reduce your temperature and help you drift off to sleep easier. 🙂
5. Magicool or water spray to use during the night – If, like me, you wake up super hot in the night you can use magicool or water spray to help cool you down. We find this one very good for helping us to get back to sleep. 🙂
6. Drink water throughout the day and a glass before you go to bed – This will help to keep you hydrated!
7. Have a cool bath or shower before bed – Doing this will help to cool you down before hopping into bed. Baths are also advised before bed as they help you two relax, so it’s helping you to relax and cool down! 🙂
8. Pop a bowl or bucket of cold water in front of a fan – If you like to have the fan on at night, popping a bowl or bucket of cold water directly in front of it will help to circulate cool air around the room.
9. Be a star and also keep your feet cool! – Sleep like a star so that your limbs aren’t touching and creating more heat. Me and Dizzy can’t sleep on our backs (as it makes us dizzy) so we’re looking more like squashed stars that have been run over… but it still works :). Also pop your feet out from underneath the covers, as keeping your feet cool will help to keep the rest of you cool. 🙂
10. Sleep under the stars! If you’re feeling extra adventurous you can sleep outside in a little tent (or underneath the stars)!
Dizzy and her donkey friends are planning to do this over the weekend. To prepare they’re having their afternoon naps in the garden this week. 🙂
We hope you’re all managing to sleep, and we’d love to know what your top tips for getting a good nights sleep in the heat are? 🙂 xxx
You can also read our previous post, on general tips for getting a good nights sleep here. 🙂 x