Me and Dizzy seem to have ended up doing a little series of posts on anxiety. A few months ago we did a post on 10 things about living with anxiety and then last month 7 tips for coping with anxiety To finish off our mini series we have decided to do a little post on 7 ways in which you can help someone you may know who has anxiety. 🙂
- Let them know that they can talk to you.
2. Ask how you can help and be encouraging.
Dizzy says that the best way to help is to give someone ginger nut biscuits or make them brownies. She just needs to then remember not to eat them all herself! 🙂
3. Encourage them to seek help.
Dizzy and her donkey friends have been doing their research on the different places where help is available. 🙂
4. Don’t get frustrated and don’t give up hope with them.
5. Be there for them and let them know you are there for them anytime.
Dizzy’s very good with this one. I’m suspicious she’s more interested in looking at the photo of herself on my phone though. 🙂
6. Spend time with them.
7. Don’t expect quick changes. It takes time.
These are mine and Dizzy’s ways of helping someone with anxiety. 🙂 Do you have any too that you know or have used yourself? 🙂 xxx