A few months ago me and Dizzy did a little post on 10 things about living with anxiety for World Mental Health Day. Today we thought we would do one on ways of helping to cope with anxiety. 🙂
- Talk to someone you trust – Just having a little chat about how you are feeling can help.
2. Be accepting of your own feelings – Don’t get annoyed with yourself for how you are feeling (I know I do this one a lot!).
3. Breathing exercises – Focusing on your breath or counting in and out to a certain number can help make you feel less anxious.
4. Write down your thoughts/paint how you are feeling – Sometime all the thoughts and feelings can seem overwhelming. Either writing these down, scribbling or painting can be a way of helping to express and give space to these.
Dizzy has informed me that she is painting a masterpiece…I can’t figure out what it’s suppose to be…
5. Set a time for worrying – I seem to spend my whole life worrying about something, to the point where it can get abit out of control. But having a certain time can help. This means the rest of the time you can tell yourself it is not worrying time now and put it to one side. (I still need to work on this one though.)
6. Exercise – This is proven to make you feel happier! It doesn’t solve your problems but it can help to make them feel abit lighter and sometimes even abit more manageable. 🙂
Dizzy looking like she’s taking her exercise for seriously for the photo…she decided she needed a nap straight after the photo though so hasn’t actually lifted the weights.
7. Do things to help make you feel safe and remind yourself that you are – This is a super important one for me! If I’m anxious about something I will do a few things to make myself feel safer. This might be checking there’s no traffic on the motorway before travelling or taking Dizzy with me! 🙂 She’s very good in most situations! 🙂
We hope you find these useful too! 🙂 What do you do to help when you are feeling anxious or stressed? We’d love to know.
Also if you have any idea what Dizzy is suppose to be creating a master piece of I would love to know! 🙂 xxx