It’s World Kindness Day today! This has got me and Dizzy thinking about the importance of showing kindness to yourself. This is important for everyone, but it becomes particularly important when living with the difficulties of coping with a chronic illness like Multiple Sclerosis. Dizzy has taken it upon herself to come up with 7 different ways that we can be kind to ourselves. 🙂
- Create time for yourself. Find time everyday to do something that you enjoy and that helps you relax.
2. Give yourself recognition. Be aware of your own achievements (however small these may be) and celebrate them. 🙂
3. Forgive yourself. Remember that we all make mistakes and to except these as part of life.
4. Take care of yourself. This can be doing small things such as eating a piece of fruit every day, doing ten minutes of exercise and making sure to get an early night. 🙂
5. Do things that make you happy. Try to do things that make you happy everyday!
6. Remind yourself of your good qualities. We all think of the things that we would like to change about ourselves but remember all the good things too. 🙂
7. Show yourself compassion. Try to treat yourself how you would treat others. Be supportive to yourself without criticism and recognise that we all make mistakes and go through difficult times.
How are you being kind to yourself on World Kindess Day? We’d love to know if they are the ones we’re doing or something different. 🙂 xxx
‘Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the World.’ – Pema Chodron
Post also published here on the MS Society’s website. 🙂