Last week was our first week in our new teaching job and also our first time experiencing discrimination and harassment at work, or anywhere! (Me and Dizzy will probably do a separate post about this but at the moment I think it would just come out like a big muddly, stressy mess.) I have gone into stress overload with it. To help Dizzy and her friends have come up with some ways of helping to manage stress (and are planning an outing to go and nibble through all the text books at school in some sort of donkey rampage… 🙂 )
Dizzy’s 7 simple ways to help manage stressful situations:
- Mindfulness – Dizzy’s been using incense sticks to focus on. She also likes the smell of these ‘Fairy Dreams’ ones. 🙂
2. Take 5 – Me and Dizzy take a nap. 🙂
3. Exercise – Dizzy and her friends were taking their exercise very seriously this morning. They started of with research! …but that’s all they seemed to do…I didn’t actually see any exercising going on after the research….
4. Relax – Me and Dizzy recently bought a wheat bag which we really love and helps to make us feel calmer about things. 🙂
5. Accepting things you can’t change – Dizzy’s having to accept today that there’s no more ginger biscuits (because she’s eaten them all) and we can’t get anymore till tomorrow now.
6. Laughter – They love this one! 🙂
7. Talking – I think talking always helps. Dizzy and her friends always seem to feel better after a little natter.
These are the one’s Dizzy has come up with and I think they’re pretty good! We’d also love to know what works best for you in stressful situations so Dizzy can add them to her list. 🙂 xxx