Last Thursday me and Dizzy had an action packed day of seeing the MS Nurse and having our first audition with the BBC! This could have been a really good day but it was not meant to be…
We’re been dithering about medication for the last 2 and a half years now, so after our last relapse we decided to book an appointment with the nurse to re visit the idea! We were going with the hope of having a nice little conversation that would make us feel better about the possible side effects. Instead it was 40 minutes of them being explained in detail, including being told that ‘one did die’. It also didn’t help that the room had no natural light, was very hot and the nurse kept getting needles out (me and Dizzy do not like needles). By the end we were feeling like we were either going to pass out or be sick and not feeling better about any of them.
I’ve now given up with the decision and given the booklets to Dizzy to read through. It’s been a few days now but she’s still on the first page…Dizzy said she’s making sure she takes it all in…
So off me and Dizzy went feeling sick and dizzy to our audition! We had left an hour and a half extra time which we spent in traffic doing 3 miles in an hour and then getting lost. We managed to get there eventually! …20 minutes late and in a big flustered state.
Usually we’re pretty good with auditions but after all that my mind seemed to have just decided to completely give up on me…
Dizzy’s guide on how not to audition:
- Turn up 20 minutes late and then make sure they don’t forget the fact that you were late.
2. Forget your whole life.
3. Draw attention to how you don’t fit the role.
4. Forget all the lines that you’ve spent the last 24 hours learning.
5. …then stumble over the lines you do manage to actually say.
6. Sit looking at them thinking it’s their line when no, it’s your line. 🙂
7. Glance directly into the camera a couple of times and just generally do really bad screen acting.
8. Remind them at the end that you were late. Just incase they hadn’t fully realised that at the beginning. 🙂
So after four years of hoping to get an audition with them, I’m now hoping they forget about me as quickly as possible. Dizzy’s not too fazed though. Wasn’t one brownie or ginger nut biscuit in sight so she’s not that bothered that we won’t be going back anytime soon.
That was our eventful Thursday! 🙂 Have you ever had a day that’s just not gone right from the start? Or an interview that’s just been abit of a disaster? xxx