Me and Dizzy can’t believe how many awards we’ve been nominated for! It always makes our day when we receive one of these! We’ve been abit naughty though and haven’t done any award posts since February…So this is us doing a little catch up. 🙂
Sunshine Blogger Award
Massive thank you to James. I just love the name of this blog award so much. James has a wonderful blog that includes reviews as well as his own writing. Definitely worth a visit. 🙂 I have also been nominated for this award by Rhiann who writes about her journey with a neurological condition. Her blog is brilliant and well worth a read whether you also live with a neurological condition or not.
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions asked to me by James:
- Where is the best place to watch the sunrise or sunset? Either the sea side or somewhere in the country with hills.
- What color do you wear the most often? I don’t really wear one colour more than others. I just buy and wear anything with animals on. It’s unicorns today! 🙂
- How many siblings do you have? None. Most people say it’s good that there’s only one of me. 🙂
- Which charity would you leave all your money to in the future? The Donkey Sanctuary
- If you lived in another country, what would it be? Scotland! I’m a quarter Scottish and just love the landscape there so much.
- What are your favorite and least favorite candy bars? I don’t eat any since trying to be super healthy. I use to love pretty much all of them though!
- What is you favorite time of day? Nap time. 🙂
- What is the least favorite part of your own blog? The ‘Happy Healthy Stuff’ section. 8 months on and I still haven’t added any happy healthy stuff to it.
- What food causes you to pig out the most? Vegan ice cream with chocolate sprinkled on top. It’s very yummy. 🙂
- What actress would you want to meet for coffee? I actually don’t know…
- Where is your most ticklish spot? I’m not that ticklish but probably the sides of my waist.
Questions asked to me by Rhiann:
- What inspires your blog posts? How do you come up with new things to write about? My MS is the inspiration for my blog and hoping I can write something that will in some small way help other people. I have a little book with Peter Rabbit on that I carry round and scribble down ideas that come to me. Or Dizzy comes up with things she’d like to do so we do a post on that. 🙂
- If you had to choose just one social media platform to use for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why? Twitter! I never really understood twitter but now I love it!
- What fictional character do you most identify with and why? People say I’m like Luna Lovegood which is probably true.
- If you could be one person from history, who you would choose? Why? I don’t know for this one. I’ve never thought about wanting to be someone else.
- What has helped you reach acceptance in your journey with chronic illness? Or do you feel you have yet to reach acceptance? I have days where I feel I have accepted it and others where I know I haven’t. I think what helps the most is finding the positives and finding new things that I enjoy doing (and can do).
- My latest blog post is about my favourite box sets to binge-watch. What was the last show you binge-watched or are currently watching?
- What lessons have you learnt from living with chronic illness? To appreciate life and the positives, to look after yourself and that it’s ok to realise you sometimes need help.
- What blogger or bloggers do you admire the most? What have you learnt from them? I think I admire most bloggers! Everyone I learn something new from!
- Who gives you strength in your everyday life? My partner and friends.
- What are your biggest struggles in everyday life? My MS, the fatigue and general feeling of feeling ill everyday.
- If you could accomplish anything in your future, what would it be? To make a difference to people with chronic illness and open my own donkey sanctuary. 🙂
Questions for nominees:
- Have you ever got lost in a maze?
- Do you have any unusual fears or phobias?
- Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster?
- If you could travel to one place in the past, when would it be and why?
- If you could have one magical power what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite part of the day?
- What was your dream job when you were growing up?
- What’s your weirdest experience?
- What’s your lucky number?
- What makes you happy?
- What’s your favourite mythical creature?
Unique Blogger Award
Thank you so much to The Bag Lady for this award. I do love things that are Unique and was very happy to receive this award. 🙂 She has a wonderful blog that is so worth checking out.
1. If you were to make a movie of your life what would be the title? A Life of a Heather
2. What is your favourite childhood memory? Going along on the little train at Bournemouth that went along the sea front. That was my favourite holiday, I was completely obsessed with the little train. 🙂
3. If you could, is there something you would like to change about yourself? That I was abit more confident in situations.
Three Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your biggest dream in life?
- What’s your greatest achievement?
- If you discovered a new species of dinosaur what would you call it?
The Liebster Award
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
- What made you start blogging? My illness. Wanting a place to be able to express my thoughts and hoping to also help others, even if just in a tiny way that are also living illness.
- What are the primary content areas on your site? My blog posts!
- What other languages can you speak, read or write? None! I was always awful at languages. I can count to 10 in Spanish and say I like chips!
- Which color best describes your choice in books? Green
- What is your favorite of the 7 deadly sins, and why? I’m not sure I like any of them.
- What other job would you want to have? Working with animals.
- What foods can’t you stomach no matter how hard you try? (You must have tried it before) Baked beans!
- What zoo animal would you most want as a pet? A penguin
- Who do you live with? My mum and our dog
- Describe the perfect book. Fantasy novel that has magic and dragons! A story that makes you think about life but ultimately has a happy and/or hopeful ending.
- Which blog that you follow is your must-read every day? Only 1! I can’t do this question, I have too many!
My Questions for my nominees:
- Do you like dragons or dinosaurs best?
- What book could you read over and over again without getting bored of it?
- If you could have 3 items on a desert island, what would they be?
- Do you wear identical socks?
- What was your least favourite school subject and why?
- What’s your favourite memory?
- What’s your favourite children’s story?
- Which fictional character do you wish was real?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Have you ever got really lost going somewhere and where did you end up?
- What was your first job?
The following awards I have been nominated for before so if you would like to read them you can find them here Even though me and Dizzy are being abit lazy and not doing them again we are still so grateful to be nominated for them so massive thank you too:
Scarlett for The Mystery Blogger Award
Jess for The Blogger Recognition Award
ShannonG for The Solidarity Blogging Award
Our nominations! Please feel free to pick any or all of the above awards to complete if you would like to. 🙂 I love all of these blogs (and I know I’m still missing loads of this list)! xxx
Jen at Tripping Through Treacle
Sid at Sid’s Paleo Blog
Peggy at Leggy Peggy
Stephanie at Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
Cathy at Cathy’s Real Country Garden
Brigid at Watching the Daisies
Rhiann at My Brain Lesion and Me
Mose at A Word from Mose
Dakota at Dakota’s Den
Tabi at Busy Bee Blog
Linda at Kelleys DIY
Jo at Fearless
Anne at Horse Addict
Bibishan at Bibishan
James at This is my Truth Now
ShannonG at MSnubutterflies
Rugby at The Bag Lady
Elizabeth at The Comfortable Coop
Etain at A Homeschooling Life
Felicia at Nesie’s Place
Elsie at Elsie LMC
Becca at A Punk with MS