Me and Dizzy had our last teaching lesson for the academic year last week (and our last one at our current job)! This year has definitely been abit of a struggle for us with a relapse happening towards the beginning of it, so we’ve decided to do a little post on why it’s not been so good but also the good things that have come out of the year! 🙂
The not so good things….
- Having to accept my MS-I had been feeling as though I had my MS under control and somehow magically it would just disappear, this relapse made me fully realise it might not quite work like that…
- Anxiety-With the relapse came anxiety about everything! Three months of no sleep and constant palpitations.
3. Vulnerability-My body would just suddenly stop working if it decided it was grumpy about something, meaning at times being literally stuck and having to rely on others to help. It’s been hard being that vulnerable but also having people see me being that vulnerable!
4. Guilt-For not being able to do everything I felt I should. Work wise for having time off, going back still feeling half dead and worrying that I wasn’t doing the best I should have been.
5. Crying-I seemed to go from never crying to crying all the time!
The good things…. 🙂
- Learning it’s enough to do the best you can-I might not have been amazing at everything this year, but I did the best I could and I’m finally realising that that’s ok.
- Finding new things in life-I’ve started doing new creative things (such as my blog!) and they’re all things I love doing! Dizzy’s also been very happy about this. 🙂
3. More in touch with me– All of the seemingly negative feelings and emotions has made me more open and accepting of all my feelings.
4. Looking after myself– Accepting that I need to put my health first and look after me. Even if that does mean some days just getting up long enough to get food. 🙂
5. Being here-Me and Dizzy feel as though we’ve literally had to drag ourselves through this year but we’re made it and life is looking more positive again! 🙂 Especially with a summer of lazy days and visiting donkeys planned. 🙂
We’ll still be pottering around at college for a few more weeks, and although we’re sad to be leaving, we’re also just so relieved to have made it to the end of the year! We’re then off to our new job in September with less hours and responsibility. Dizzy’s already decided this means they’ll be more time for her blog and eating brownies. 🙂
Have you had any not so good times that you don’t mind sharing with me and Dizzy and what good came out of them for you? xxx