Dizzy is very excited to announce that she has completed her brownie free month for the MS Society’s Kiss Goodbye to MS Campaign! You can read more about her challenge here if you missed it. 🙂 To celebrate Dizzy’s achievement we made a brownie cake! 🙂
Dizzy’s Brownie Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 100g of dark chocolate
- Nut butter – Me and Dizzy used cashew butter but any will work really well. We usually end up using a whole jar for this recipe too but you don’t have to use that much. 🙂
How to make:
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees
- Pop the eggs, coconut flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla essence, a heaped tablespoon of nut butter and honey into a blender. Blend together until they create a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
For the icing!
- Gentle heat 250 grams of cashew butter with 100 grams of dark chocolate ensuring both are well mixed together.
- Pour the mixture over your brownie cake and spread to create a smooth layer of icing.
- Pop your brownie cake into the fridge until the icing has set. You can also eat the cake straight away with more runny icing. 🙂
- Then cut up the cake into however big a pieces your would like and enjoy! 🙂
We went for quite big portions! 🙂 Dizzy ate hers very fast!
And I only left mine for a minute…