I thought I would just do a little update after my last blog post to say thank you to everyone for their lovely comments/advice and to also say we’ve found out we will very likely be made redundant (It’s not official until after consultation periods). I made the mistake of not letting Dizzy go to the meeting for me! Should have taken her on Tuesday!
So after crying myself through most of the last few days we’ve been considering the negatives and positives of the situation!
- I won’t have a jobbbbb. Which in the ten years of working has never happened before. 😕 I’ve always sort of rolled from one job to another…
- I’ll have to go to interviews. I am just awful at interviews. New people are abit scary in general and then on top of that pressure, you also have to sound like you know what you’re talking about!
- Just general stress of knowing I need to find a new job. 😦
- I do believe that one door closes so another can open. I just need to find it…
…Dizzy been helping and keeps thinking she’s found it. I keep telling her that’s not quite what I mean…
2. No more stressful BTEC marking because it does just make me want to cry sometimes. (A-Level is so much simpler!) This was just one assignment for half a class.
3. Exploring new opportunities! This will enable me and Dizzy to think of and explore different opportunities. Which is scary but can also be exciting!
So we’ve got a system set up already! Dizzy is on finding the jobs and I’m on filling out the application forms. Even though I have caught Dizzy on twitter a few times. 🙂
We’d love to hear any amazing job interviewing tips or techniques that you have. I’m not sure going in and just putting Dizzy on the table would work… 🙂 xxx