Dizzy was very excited last week to be informed that it’s World Donkey Day today! (I didn’t even know there was a World Donkey Day…) so this post is all about donkeys! 🙂
I asked Dizzy what she would like this donkey post to be about and she said facts about donkeys! These are her top 10 🙂 :
- Donkeys are known for being stubborn. If they don’t want to do something they will dig in their heels and refuse to move.
- Donkey’s stubbornness is actually because they are very intelligent! They are independent thinkers and make up their own minds about situations.
This is what Dizzy tells me anyway when I say she’s being a stubborn donkey…
3. Donkeys love polos and gingernut biscuits.
4. Donkeys have excellent memories. They can recognise places and other donkeys up to 25 years later. (That’s better than mine!)
5. Donkeys can live for more than 40 years.
6. Donkeys can hear other donkeys up to 60 miles away!
7. Donkeys large ears help to keep them cool.
8. Donkeys are very loyal and make friends for life. Donkeys can even die from grief if their friend dies.
9. The most common coat colour for donkeys is grey (like Dizzy’s!).
10. There are over 50 million donkeys and mules in the world!
Dizzy would also like to say thank you to the MS Society . Firstly for telling us about today and for publishing one of our posts for World Donkey Day, which you can find here: http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/community-blog/2017/05/10-uplifting-quotes-not-so-good-days 🙂
We hope you’ve learnt something about donkeys from our little post today. I didn’t know half of these when I started it! 🙂 Have you got any interesting facts about donkeys or any other animals? Me and Dizzy love would to hear them. 🙂 xxx