Today out post is on quotes! It’s completely normal in life to have not so good days whether you have a chronic illness or not. Even Dizzy gets them!
But we’ve always found quotes to be amazing to help make us feel more hopeful and positive about life! Today me and Dizzy have made this post to share our top ten favourite quotes for these moments.
- Alice: This is impossible. The Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is. – Lewis Carroll
2. You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up. – Unknown
3. It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop. – Confucius
4. You may not always end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you are meant to be. – Jessica Taylor
5. Be realistic: Plan for a miracle. – Osho
6. These mountains that you are carrying, you were only suppose to climb. – Zajwa Zebian
7. “Frodo: I can’t do this Sam.
Sam: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.”
– J.R.R. Tolkien, “The Two Towers”
8. Keep looking up…That’s the secret of life. – Snoopy
9. ‘Life is a storm my friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, ‘Do your worst, for I will do mine!” – Alexandre Dumas
10. Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. – C.S. Lewis
I hope you all like these quotes as much as me and Dizzy do and if you’re having a bad day that they’ve help make it abit brighter. 🙂 Let us know what your favourite quotes are. We’d love to hear them. 🙂 xxx
Also published by the MS Society at: http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/community-blog/2017/05/10-uplifting-quotes-not-so-good-days