As it’s MS awareness month me and Dizzy thought we would do a little post on 10 things about our MS. MS is completely different for everyone and no two people will experience it in the same way but here are 10 of the ways in which it effects us.
- I really don’t know half the time if it’s brain fog or I’m just the worst person ever with names…
2. As soon as I wake up I feel like I need to go back to bed again.
I won’t even have made it out of bed before I’ve come to this conclusion.
3. Supermarkets are a place of doom. Or anywhere that has artificial lighting, is too hot, too cold, too busy, too crowded or has anything moving at a moderate to low speed or above.
4. My body hates everything. Being in bed seems to be acceptable but anything else makes my body grumpy. I always knew I was fussy but this is taking it abit far.
5. A late night is not being in bed by 10.
6. Walking anywhere is a major accomplishment! Especially if it’s outside, my head and legs can’t agree on what’s going on when being outside is involved.
7. People that tell me they’ll be a cure soon drive me nutty. I’ve had so many people tell me there’s a cure just round the corner. I appreciate the positivity but it’s nearly 3 years later, I’ve been round the corner and it’s not been there yet!
8. Dizziness is now the norm.
9. An exciting adventure out is going to physio. This is currently our big adventure out each week, even though I do really enjoy splashing around! Dizzy doesn’t come in the pool as her coat is not water proof.
10. I know I don’t look sick…
Feel the list could go on and on but we have stopped ourselves at 10! 🙂 What would be your top 1, 3, 5 or even 10 things about living with a chronic illness? Me and Dizzy would love to hear what would be on your list. 🙂 xxx
Also published on ‘The Mighty’ at: https://themighty.com/2017/03/how-multiple-sclerosis-symptoms-affect-me/ 🙂