Liz of Daily Warriors created this amazing award and the wonderful Elizabeth at The Comfortable Coop has nominated me for it! I’ve never seen myself as valiant but I’m really happy to have been nominated. 🙂
Also have a look at the Hall of Valor to see who else has been nominated and find links to their amazing and inspirational blogs. 🙂 xxx
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Provide a link to the Hall of Valor .
3. In 200 words or less, share about the greatest challenge in your life and HOW you got through it.
4. Give one piece of advice to people who are struggling with something in their life.
5. Thank the person who nominated you, and nominate a new blogger for the award.
What is the greatest challenge in your life and HOW you got through it?
My greatest challenge has definitely been dealing with my MS. Both being diagnosed and just living with the everyday challenges that it brings. These are the things I have done and still do to help myself:
- Getting help! Finding people I can trust to help build up my own support network. For me this has been friends, family, health specialists and my counsellor.
- Talking to people and surrounding myself with people who love me. It’s been so important for me to have people that I can talk too and who won’t see my any differently because of it.
- Reading positive stories. Positive stories about, or by people that have gone through the same thing has really helped me. Then just reading any positive stories and looking at cute animal pictures. 🙂
- Doing things I love. This is a huge one! I find it really hard not being able to do everything I could but still doing these things, although in a smaller way and finding new passions is vital!
Give one piece of advice to people who are struggling with something in their life.
My main advice would just be too keep going! To remember that no week/day/moment is the same so even if you’re having a really bad one it doesn’t mean the next one will be.
It’s also really important to do the things that make you happy in life and find things that make you feel as though you have achieved something. Give your time a purpose even it’s just that you’re going to have a day of looking after yourself. 🙂
Lastly, let people be there for you. It’s too easy to shut yourself away when you’re going through a lot. I use to always think I should struggle through things on my own and not put them onto anyone else. I’ve realised though that just having someone there that knows what you’re going through can make all the difference in the world.
And definite last one! Never give up on your dreams! Whatever the situation you can still get there. Might just end up looking abit different from how you originally saw it! 🙂 xxx
Both of these blogs are wonderful and definitely worth checking out.
And thank you again Elizabeth. 🙂 xxx