Another foody type post today! I always find by Boxing day I have completely forgotten what day of the week it is and am spending way to much time in front of the telly, so today me and Dizzy decided to make stuff in the kitchen instead!
I discovered these nut butter slices a while ago. I love them because they are super yummy but also super simple to make! 🙂
Nut butter slices:
- Nut butter of your choice (I’ve used peanut butter and triple nut butter before, both have worked really well!)
- Any extras you would like too add. 🙂 I add lots of ground ginger and/ or cinnamon as I love the flavour of these but you can add pretty much anything. Nuts, chocolate and spices work really well.
Amount wise is up to you! You can add the same amount of honey, oats and nut butter but I love nut butter so usually add more of this. Just be careful not to add more oats than the honey and nut butter as it won’t stick together, or if this happens just add more nut butter! 🙂
How to make:
- Put nut butter and honey into a saucepan
- Gentle heat on the hob, stirring the butter and honey together
- Once both have melted and mixed together add the oats and continue to mix
- Add any additional extras you would like to the mixture and mix in until evenly distributed
- Pour mixture into small tray and pop into the fridge
- Leave mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up and then try not to eat them all at once like I’m always tempted to do. 🙂
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do! x